Effortless Inspirations

     We all need a bit of way to go, you're on the right track, keep it going, don't ever give up type of inspiration! There are those who read or listen to books on tape on life affirming topics. More & more I feel we all need something to reaffirm that the twisting , turning road we are all on is something to embrace in our lives & definitely the most interesting! I for one love inspiration quotes. I also have many books that in short paragraphs give you something good to think about. (Current bedside book: "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... and it's all small stuff (simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life) by Richard Carlson, Ph.D. In brief paragraphs he touches on so much that we need to remember but easily forget. Of course if you are a regular reader to this blog, you know how I love the daily, small chapter reads found in Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach! Now, the link to my most effortless inspirational favorite is below!!!
    In order for us to complete our daily tasks we need to be centered, grounded & find joy in it all. Something I touched upon in my Looking Forward to 2016 blog, my favorite way to start my day is with an inspirational message tailored just for me: TUT - A Note From the Universe ~ created by Mike Dooley (a contributor to the best-seller The Secret & author countless books like the wonderful Infinite Possibilities). Mike's famous quote is "thoughts become things... choose the good ones!" and is the basis for what he tries to convey to you in a fun, light-hearted way. To say they are life affirming words to start your day is an understatement! And they arrive Monday-Friday right to my e-mail (some days it is the only e-mail I read & I read before I even get out of bed!) My paragraph today reads:

"When in a hurry, mary, step #1 for changing the entire world is falling in love with it as it already is.  Same for changing yourself. And best of all, mary, with this approach, there is no step #2.
You like? The Universe.

Sign up for free today. He also offers free on-line workshops throughout the year.

Sit back and effortlessly take in all the inspiration that is offered: "thoughts DO become things... choose the good ones!"

Routine Smoutine ~ Happy Summer!

    So here I am on a Friday after work at my computer. I've mixed up a delicious blender drink (yes, using the Master of Mixes Strawberry) and am writing this blog. Definitely not something that would happen in the middle of February but we are in the middle of a heat wave here East Coast and this feels right ~ but definitely not routine! So in summer is it then that we abandon all 'good for you' routines and say, "Routine smoutine, screw it!"
      This is definitely the way things can go. Summer is the time for more entertaining, vacations, staycations, picnics, barbecues, weddings... anything but the routine. So the exercise routines, grocery shop 'typical' list, weekend routines can be thrown right out the window without a second thought. You can then hear yourself in September say "it was summer & I was so busy, how could I possibly have gained five pounds? Shouldn't I have lost weight?" Well, anything is possible especially if your routine goes to smithereens. So maybe you take a different approach for a few months; mix it up & still have continued success.
     Maybe it's the extra foods you eat or maybe exercising in 100 degree heat index temps isn't your thing & you just skip a few days. Where exercise is concerned, getting off the routine even for a day can derail the best of us. Some ways to circumvent the obstacles is to view from a different perspective: First approach can be to embrace the 80/20 rule mindfully and with the week as a whole. Say, "I will stay on track with my healthy eating options, watching my liquid calorie intake 80% of the week and then feel guilt free the remaining 20% of the week that may include a barbecue or a visit to the beach... you get my drift. You can't all of a sudden come upon Saturday and go, "Dagnabit, I wish I behaved after dinner this week, oh well..." Another option is to behave as best as possible and consider the 1000 calorie a day option for 2 days of the week (referred to as calorie cycling - see link below). If you stick to your exercise/eating routines for 3 of your days and eating approx. 1000 calories for two, that leaves you the freedom to enjoy your weekend away with no worries. Studies are showing that these 2 calorie restricting days can get you out of a dieting plateau & rev your metabolism. With the abundance of fresh summer veggies and some lean proteins you can still fill up while eliminating calories. The key in any scenario is to treat the week as a whole and think ahead considering all your plans.
    Good luck with your new approach to your routines, have fun, enjoy and see you in September with no remorse!