Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Wonderful Spray Paint!

    You might wonder what one can do while waiting for the garden planting lull to pass. It’s too early to put in the annuals, no need to water this time of year; you may have a few perennials to move… Well have some fun with spray paint! Give me a can of spray paint in a great color or two & the sky’s the limit!
    I love to use the Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Multi-Purpose Spray Paint (Krylon is nice too) to freshen up some of my garden stakes, planters, bird feeders & decorations. It’s easy, fun & for little money has a big impact. The paint can be found at Home depot, etc. but I like the colors they have at A.C. Moore & Michaels (and you can use the 40%-50% off coupon there – so around $3.00 a can!) Two of my favorite colors, pictured at left are Key Lime & Jade. Just lay down some newspaper & wear gloves to protect the mani. Spray on thin coats; the paint dries very quickly & can be used on wood, metal, wicker baskets & more. Both my projects here are metal. The planter had a nice patina but rust was compromising the structural integrity. This turquoise/jade color was a perfect complement to where it will end up, against the brick of my house. The suet feeder has been a favorite of mine for years but started to fade drastically. So, I cleaned it up & voila, brand new! Look around at your house or at garage sales this season & see what you can repurpose. Check out the link below for all my before & afters so far this spring.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77860913@N03/?saved=1

No comments:

Post a Comment