Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

From A Tigger To A Pooh


     As time has marched on I’ve begun to realize something about myself. I once was a Tigger but now I’ve become mostly a Pooh. This is a very good thing, of course, as any fan of the A.A. Milne character can attest. Sure, I have a bit of Tigger’s bouncy, bouncy, bouncy in me for part of my day. Actually, I hate moving from thing to thing (multi-tasking too much is draining!) I am now embracing my inner Pooh…
    I have been a fan of the Winnie The Pooh book by A.A. Milne for many years. The Teenage Tester’s nursery was a Pooh theme. I believe she not so subliminally became a fan too. When answering a bridesmaid quiz question last year – if you could pick any Disney character, which would you be? She picked Tigger...... apple & tree and all that. The Milne book has characters with traits that you may recognize in your own self & friends. You have Rabbit the worrier – who should be bunny fluffy but looks old & haggard from worrying about bugs & such in his garden. You have sweet, tiny Piglet the scaredy-cat who never wants to take a risk. Then there’s Eeyore the lovable pessimist & Owl the older, wiser friend who sits back & watches, but allows them all to make their own mistakes. You have Kanga & Roo the maternal, loving mother/son pair. Tigger is the leap before you look, full of energy friend who knows the net of his friends is there to catch him when he mis-bounces. Then there is Pooh who knows simple things (like honey) and friends are what really matter in life. Overseeing them all is their young, human friend Christopher Robin who is smart & caring & loves them all for all their idiosyncrasies & embraces their uniqueness. Never a dull moment in the Hundred Acre Wood for these friends even on the seemingly simplest of days. Their friendships endure through each adventure & thrive each and every day. I’d like to think my life is rich with such warm, loving characters that together, we make a whole and life an adventure.
Check out some wise ‘ol Milne quotes at the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment