Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

12 Foods all Nutritionists Eat

   According to Redbook Magazine, even experts haven’t reached a consensus on the best diet (as a way to eat, not to lose weight). This article lists 12 foods that they all can agree on as being staples to your diet. I have been known to be a more conservative eater, better lately, but even I regularly eat 7 of these foods! These are simple additions, and we are all about simple these days! Know these foods are full of vitamins, antioxidants, blood-sugar regulators, protein, fiber, healthy fats & low-gycemic carbs.

1~ Almond Milk – never tried but will start to use in smoothies for sure.
2~Avacados – I admit I love good guacamole but don’t eat this one sliced. Everyone I know luuuvs it. I need to get past the color. Lol
3~ Cinnamon – Sprinkle it in every smoothie, brewed coffee, cereal. Yum!
4~ Dark Berries – Now is the season for fresh, inexpensive blueberries & blackberries. Thanks to companies like Dole you can buy them frozen year-round with no loss of vitamins or antioxidants!
5~ Greek Yogurt – Some are better than others. Don’t give up finding the brand that tastes best for you. At twice the protein, it’s worth it!
6~ Eggs – I am a big fan of Egglands Best.
7~ Extra-virgin Olive Oil – Not as many benefits when heated, wonderful in your oil & vinegar salad dressings.
8~ Hummus – Yum. Sooo many flavors now to choose from. So good – just watch your portion control.
9~ Nuts – I haven’t met a nut I haven’t liked, so I portion control my purchase. I do baggies with twist ties or tiny containers. Almonds & walnuts rate high nutritionally but they are all good for you!
10~ Kale- One of the ones I need to try on a regular basis & better yet grow in my garden.
11~ Water with lemon. Has always been a staple for years. Will try having it first thing in the morning as suggested.
12~ Quinoa – Haven’t tried yet, heard some negatives on taste. Anyone have a great recipe out there??

I do believe these are easy additions to your diet. And I can say delish on these too!
See the complete article with the link below.
http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/dietitian-tips-for-healthy-eating?click=main_sr#slide-1

No comments:

Post a Comment