Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Mottos & Mantras

    So just about every product has a tagline and every company a mission statement. When did all that start? Although a wonderful idea to keep a company on track, a mission statement is probably a bit wordy for you and me. I do, however, believe in a motto or mantra to keep yourself on (life’s interesting) track.
     Maybe it all began with Bobby McFerrin’s catchy little a capella song of the 80’s “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”. I mean how can that not resonate with everyone. Today’s ever popular mantra “Stay Calm & Carry On” is also very relatable. Oprah reveals in October’s issue of ‘O’ the Bible verse mantra that has been with her through all her experiences: “Delight thyself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” You know, after reading my blog, that I love inspirational & funny quotes and always place one at the top. These change with the topic. I feel we all need something inspirational or funny to keep ourselves on topic with our days, weeks, years. Or, a motto that keeps us in the present or moving forward with our future. As with the seasons of our lives and the seasons of the year we need to first: find a motto or two and second: be flexible with it. Remember that we are ever changing. My daughter has Carpe Diem as her motto. (I had the same one at her age). Had this been the reason for her to skydive recently? I have a few Carpe Diem moments left in me too (but mine have only gotten me to zip line height so far!) There are a few, however, I always seem to come back to as time marches on. One of my favorites: “If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it.” A new favorite as today’s blog quote: “If I believe it, I will see it.” Sometimes it’s as simple as something nice that a friend says to you like “you continue to amaze & inspire me.” Now that’s a mantra to strive for your entire life!
    So think about some quotes or mottos that may resonate with you right now and where you’d like to be in the future. Post in your cubicle or office, at home, on your phone. Keep wherever you can find them when you need a spirit lift some days!

No comments:

Post a Comment