Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Permission to Hibernate

    Yes, a few more weeks until calendar spring. We all know, especially east coast, that calendar spring is a crock. Especially after this year, I am ready to hibernate until it is really spring. Consistent 70 degree temps, completely melted snow…
    I truly believe that I was meant to be a hibernating animal. I mean, I cannot take another second of snow, cold temps, head colds, dry air, etc. I mean most bears hibernate & no one would dare call them lazy or a slacker (at least not to their face)! Have you ever seen footage of them fishing salmon?! Serious over-achievers. I am hereby giving you permission to ‘hibernate’; resting & sleeping & recharging those human batteries as needed until real spring begins. Why do we feel that if we feel lazy, feel like napping, feel like staying under the covers most of the weekend is a bad thing? We deserve down time too even though we can’t physiologically hibernate. We can allow ourselves all the time we need to rest & relax. Sure, there are days we need to work, tasks that need to be completed. I suggest we break those tasks into singular to-do’s & break them down even further. I may need to empty the dishwasher but if I do a few glasses at a time, it will get done eventually… then I can get right back to my warm bed sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment