Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Be... Thankful

    For my birthday recently, I received a necklace from a dear friend. It has two round pieces of metal. The copper smaller circle simply says ~  be. The larger silver circle is engraved with the words...
compassionate ~ kind ~ at peace ~ thankful
happy ~ brave ~ strong ~ free ~ true


So I have decided each day to choose to 'be' one of those things & truly be mindful of it. It has been a lovely way to go about my day. What I have found that it is possible to have a cumulative affect if you begin with being thankful. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving I pass my wish on to you. May you always remember to be thankful ~ every day. We are truly blessed & choosing to practice your gratitudes throughout the year is an amazing way to realize this. Write down or reflect on three things you are thankful for each day (trying not to repeat). This year, especially at Thanksgiving & thereafter, by reflecting on our blessings, we are also honoring what it means to live in this country, a country that even the Pilgrims knew to be like nowhere else ~ a blessing.

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment