Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Fabulous Products Alert ~ Fall 2016 Edition

    I love to think of fall as a time to regroup and simplify many areas of my daily routine. I also love to share products that are tested & loved by yours truly to help the simplification process along (and to save you money & time). So here are my recent favorites:
~ Aveeno has come out with a new skincare line called absolutely ageless. (You may have seen the Jennifer Aniston commercials) I am using the cleanser, daily moisturizer with SPF30, & the restorative night cream. They smell delicious & light, and I love my skin in them; soft & moisturized but never too much. You can never go wrong with Aveeno.
~ Softsoap Coconut Butter Body Scrub ~ Okay, I have tried loooots of 'moisturizing' body washes over the years. Never have I ever come out of the shower without feeling the need for body lotions... until now. This fabulous smelling, delicate scrub leaves me feeling moisturized... FINALLY. And you can't beat the price - between $3.50-4.50 for a generous size bottle.
~ Trader Joe's Fresh Linen Scent Antibacterial Hand Soap ~ Don't cringe on the antibacterial part. This soap it PETA approved (listed as one of their favorite vegan products), does not contain the ab ingredients like triclosan & triclocarban (which will officially be banned in less than a year). It does not contain SLS Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is also a no no ingredient. What it does have going for it is fab ingredients like aloe, Vitamin E and a wonderful list of botanical extracts. The scent is unbelievable, the recyclable plastic bottle is so pretty and you get a generous 16.9 FL OZ. size for $3 and change!
~ PRO-FX Sticky Base Coat ~ This my most recent discovery (last two weeks). I wanted a new top coat for home manicures & saw this; Grabs and Locks in Color base coat. I am a fast manicure kind of girl (take more time on the pedicures) so this intrigued me and for $5 & change at Wal-Mart I thought I'd give it a try. So twice now, just the basecoat & one single coat of a barely there color and NO topcoat. The results were better than I dreamed. With no thought to protecting my nails the single coat lasted a week!! (probably longer but I got bored) The bonus is my usually easy-to-break nails are hard & haven't broken at all in two weeks!! I will definitely try other products in this line.
~ L'Oreal Revitalift Bright Reveal Peel Pads ~ After months of summer sun, my facial skin usually needs an overhaul even though I am a sunscreen wearer. With glycolic acid & other ingredients, I use this to exfoliate my skin more quickly & efficiently. Swipe & sleep with the product on overnight. The generous size pad does my face, neck, décolleté and hands! I use just once a week & the generous 30 day supply will last months. Exfoliation is key to helping your serums & moisturizers (like the Aveeno line) to work at optimum performance. At only $16-$18 and change, much less expensive than a facial.
~ L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation ~ My go to line for foundation always seems to be L'Oreal. I have reviewed many before this one & have never been disappointed. This could be my favorite at this time of my life. (Love a) pump bottle with smooth, even coverage (and real coverage, not the sun damage still can show through kind) but gives you the look that you are not wearing any foundation and is luminous! My cheekbones have beautiful, natural glow! It also has SPF 20 and keeps my skin moisturized all day (but not tacky or gross). Another great value.

Enjoy the products & the added simplicity they will offer you; fewer manicures, beautiful skin which means less & less makeup & Ooohs & Aaahs from your guests emerging from your bathroom saying, "that soap smells amazing!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment