Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

The 'Bucket List'

    The Bucket List… The title, by definition, lends itself to an ominous list of things to do before you die (soon). Well, I’m here to say that this ominous, depressing spin should be not be the case. Let me continue…
    I’m thinking that it really is a list of fun things you really have been meaning to do or hobbies you’ve wanted to explore. Take this past weekend for instance, girl’s weekend away with kids. We all, however, did a bucket list item of mine – zip lining. It was so much fun and everyone young & old had a blast. So, my friends are being dragged into a list of things & I hope to be included in theirs. There is no time like the present to have a little ‘extra type’ of fun. (I think they are quite happy I have no interest in sky diving or bungee jumping & visa versa!) This ‘list’, not formally written down, but has being growing in the back of my head for some time. It’s time to carpe diem the heck out of life while we’re young. As my very wise friend last night said, she wants to see things (travel & such – up close) and not from a tour bus window. So start now!
   So the moral is why wait on the “BL”. Put a few things together with optimism in mind not morbidity. Start small & have a blast doing it. Facing fears is what keeps you young. Trying new things keeps you young in mind & spirit. There is no time like the present to have a fear busting fest & have some fun with it. (Yes, we were a little scared at first at the top of the very high mountain for the zip line!) Some things on your list will be a solo effort and some will include others. Whatever you choose to do, just get yourself going & take it from there. Have fun with your choices. (My next fear buster item is a roller coaster I have been avoiding for the last three summers. I actually can’t wait!)

No comments:

Post a Comment