Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Get Your Cameras Ready!

    Get your cameras ready! The reason I bring this up now is because I got very lucky a couple of weeks ago taking the photos to the left. Let me continue…
    I was out and about in the garden. I did NOT have the camera with me. It’s so easy just to have it there on the table. I mean the butterflies are busy now. The birds are always busy. You just never know what will fly (or hop or meander) your way. But I get busy out there and always seem to forget something so simple. So, yes, I saw this beautiful female ruby-throated hummingbird hitting on bee balm in my cottage garden. I ran into the house, located the camera (it WAS charged, luckily) & ran back out. She miraculously was still there & I snuck up, took three pictures & prayed they weren’t all a blur. Only one was & off she went! I feel very fortunate. It did teach me a lesson, however. We may not be experienced photographers, but we all have a camera. And you just never know… These photos will be with me a lifetime & the winter will be here before I know it. I will REALLY appreciate them when there are inches of snow on the ground. Remember to ‘document’ all you’ve planted, the good & the bad, so you have a record for next year. It’s time to carpe diem the heck out of your outdoor summer garden opportunities with those cameras!

No comments:

Post a Comment