Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Best of Christmas 'Beauty' Presents 2012

   Hoping a joyous Christmas was had by all! I was blessed with a touch of a white Christmas this year, just enough to make Christmas Eve beautiful. But now we begin to sort through our gifts and begin the New Year’s ‘organization’. There were a few inside & out beauty gifts that I received this year that I would like to share with you. These were not inexpensive by my standards, which is why they made a great gift! All ranged from $25.00-$40.00:
~ Dream Skin Beauty Pillowcase – claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles with fibers that hydrate skin. Being a stomach sleeper this was important to me. So far so good. I’ve been enduring a head cold since Christmas – feeling all dry & pruney & after a few nights, the pillowcase is so soft & comfortable & my skin is super soft when I wake up. It doesn’t seem to absorb the facial moisturizers I go to sleep with. There is a website: www.dreamskinpillowcase.com, mine was ordered from www.beauty.com.
~ Two products came from the Josie Maran Argan Oil line of skincare products. The first is the Argan Cleaning Oil. With a slight citrus scent & great cleansing ability, a little goes a long way! I know earlier this year I thought the drugstore lines would be flooded with cleansing oils – well not yet so this is so worth the $32.00 at Sephora. I would rate it higher than Philosophy’s oil which is wonderful too. ($28.00)
~ The second from Josie is the 100% Pure Argan Oil Moisturizer. This is fragrance free & absorbs beautifully into the skin. A real treat, but not under makeup. Use in the evening or during stay-at-home-days. This will not break you out, just moisturize with luxury…
~ The last great gift is for inside beauty. I will mention it again on my New Year’s blog – Sarah Ban Breathnach’s Romancing the Ordinary. Turns out the book isn’t the easiest to find (out of print) & appreciate the effort my sister-in-law put forth in getting me a copy. I had borrowed from the library and needed my own copy for sure to read & reread. This book is a month by month reflection of the year, so if you need to get a jump start finding it before January! Amazon has it & here is the link to all her books (don’t forget Simple Abundance – that book begins your journey on January 1st):
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sarah ban breathnach books

No comments:

Post a Comment