Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Girls Weekend Away (GWA) 2013

    For me (and four of my friends) it’s that time again for the tradition of the Girls Weekend Away (GWA). As of today, my first GWA blog was one of the most read blogs so far! This gets me thinking that I have struck a chord with my readers. Something that my friends & I have always known, we need time away filled with laughs, (junk) food, beverages, shopping, movie watching, venting & just plain fun! There may be some Oscar night festivities. (Yes, we will still be away – we try to add an extra day whenever possible.) I can’t say I have ever watched the Oscars with a group of girlfriends before! Through forty plus years that we have been friends there have been times, especially the college years, that we were less in contact than we would have liked. (No texting, e-mail, skype back then – lol) We are so fortunate that we still live in close proximity to each other & can ‘get away’ regularly. As far as weekends away with friends, it is so much better than just a night out. You really have some time to decompress personally, reconnect with each other & just plain old enjoy yourself in a way that only works that way with friends. It’s good for the mind, body (yes we take lots of walks – no winter sports anymore though!) and soul. Plan your trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment