Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Easy Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

     When I think of crockpot meals, this is always at the top of my list. It is soooo easy & so good that no one will touch a can of soup again. With the teenage tester in college, I have started to freeze the soup for the first time so she has ‘home-cooked’ meals. So here is the repost:
    The days are getting colder, unfortunately, but none the less we will prevail! The recipe that follows I guarantee to be THE BEST, THE EASIEST, THE MOST DELICIOUS Chicken Noodle Soup you have ever made or tried. I know some may never have made soup before thinking it too complicated. This slow cooker recipe will change your mind. The beauty of this is (esp.) on a working day to just to load it up & forget until dinner.
The recipe is as follows:
6-8 cups of water (depending on size of your slow cooker)
4 medium carrots cut into ¼ inch slices
3 medium stalks of celery cut into ¼ inch slices
1 small onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 whole chicken rinsed (3-5 lbs.)
½ t. dried thyme
¼ t. ground (I like white) pepper
1-4 t. salt (I use sea salt & about 1-2 teaspoons. You can always add individually to taste later)
I usually chop the ingredients the night before so they are ready to go. Combine veggies, water & seasonings. Place chicken on top. Cover & go!
Cook 4-5 hours on high, 7-8 on low.  I take out the chicken & cut the white meat into smaller pieces & return to the pot. I take out some of the celery & onions. These veggies absorb the fat & you don’t need them all anyway. Which reminds me, leave the skin on your chicken! This is where you are getting the flavor & the meal is HEALTHY really! Serve with your cooked noodle of choice. Undercook the noodles slightly if you are planning to freeze some. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment