Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

GNO Swap

    Usually an excuse is not needed for a Girls Night Out (or In as the case may be) but trying a new idea is always fun! I recently had a few friends over for a GNO Swap. I asked everyone to bring books/mags, jewelry, purses, scarves, clothes, shoes, candles, decorative items, etc. that they would like to part with. Everyone was up for the task (yes, it took some time to collect a few things) & it was a huge success! Not only did we have great food, drink & laughs, but everyone got to leave with a boatload of stuff for themselves & the other women in their lives. And imagine, we didn’t spend a cent! This is definitely worth exploring with your groups of friends. Some it may not work with & with others it seems like the perfect night out.
     I nicely displayed items on tables & draped over chairs. I had tote bags for them to take & pack up their items. This was so much better than my coveted garage sales that I swear by; controlled environment & it was free! Everyone agreed at the end of the evening that we will do this again! Now we know to put items aside for this swap. We even had some special items for each other. “I know _____ will love this! I received a beautiful set of glasses with songbirds on them; they are perfect for me. I had a couple very nice sweaters (alas, hot flashes have affected my wardrobe too) for my (also size small) friend who I knew still wears sweaters. It all worked out so well. Enjoy!
     So gather a group together for an exciting GNO Swap soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment