Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

My Younger (Fearless) Self

    So, now that we are embarking on a fearless journey, it helps to have the right tools to use along the way. I really believe having a bucket list (search my earlier blogs on this) is a wonderful starting point. I recently did a sampling of acupuncture. I always wanted to try this but had left it off my BL. That’s how life works, sometimes you are suddenly presented with a great experience & it is up to you to take that risk & leap! A great tool, I feel, is to find an old photo of just yourself. It should be a young (fearless you). It should be one that you could place on a desk and say “this makes me happy.” It needs to invoke a time for you that was joyful, or it should look like you are just plain having fun with your life. My photo is to the left here. I was just a few years old & on the beach in Margate, NJ, simply having a blast! (Lucy the Elephant is in the background) I look joyful, I can feel that from the photo. I can picture my Dad with his box camera taking this treasured shot. Heck, it even looks like I’m doing my first asana – the spinal twist! Too funny! And that is how this photo should go. Let it be one that lifts your heart, makes you smile & helps encourage you to take risks (like you did when you were a kid). Be fearless with your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment