Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Hydrangea

   There are a handful of shrubs with standout blooms. Lilac is the beauty for spring. The hydrangea is spectacular for summer. I can’t even begin to cover all the topics about varieties, color change & pruning for bloom. I have a link below that will cover all the questions. I still have a mophead that I can’t get to bloom. (It is now a personal challenge! Now after reading the link below I feel we need to part ways. It is taking up valuable real estate. It was an Easter ‘tin foil’ plant & not for my zone apparently) I now have an ‘Endless Summer’ variety that I LOVE. (Pictured at left). It will have these delicate, multi-colored blooms late summer through fall. It makes up for the other guy! They make great cut flowers & dried flowers. You will need a lot of room for hydrangea & consider that they are not evergreen. You will have an empty space with sticks come wintertime. Alas, it is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment