Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Beauty Buys under $5.00! Marypause50 tested & approved!

   It’s that time of year & the new products are rolling in. This Blogger always prides herself on finding the best on a budget. So here are some top picks from recent months. All pricing is Walmart but again great deals can be found at CVS, Ulta, etc. when using coupons, etc.
1)   Maybelline’s Baby Lips moisturizing lip balm $2.97-$1.00 coupon = $1.97. At this price I bought two. One non-tinted slight peppermint flavor with SPF 20. This is the one you use at night on lips & outside the entire lip line to keep wrinkles in check. The tinted flavor I bought is Cherry Me (yum). With aloe & Vitamin E it feels like silk, tints & STAINS lips slightly. A win, win, win with this product!
2)  Maybelline’s Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara (turquoise tube) $5.94-$1.00 coupon = $4.94 – Gives nice full coverage with an ample size brush. Will find all the ‘lost’ lashes. Slept with it on to test for flaking or rubbing off ~ A+ on that test! Remember to work the base of the lashes first back & forth then apply normally. Tested non-waterproof but comes in both.
3)  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color $3.58 – I do my own manis & pedis (more on that in a future how-to blog). I appreciate the fast dry & love the durability of the product. It uses a unique brush which takes getting used to. Pick a fun color for fall. I chose 180 Rose Run which is the perfect shade of medium pink. My pedi will last three weeks or until I get bored!
4)  Organix Moroccan Argan Creamy Oil Body Wash / Creamy Oil Body Moisturizer 13-oz., $6.97-$2.00 coupon right on the bottle = $4.97 – This wash is delish & lathers up with very little product. My skin feels wonderful then I add THE BEST moisturizer I’ve ever used & WOW! We’ve really got a treasure here. I’ve blogged on the oil for the hair & the poo & conditioner. Just buy the entire line & be happy with your skin & hair!!!
5)  Freeman Facial Hydration Mask in Gogi-Berry .5-oz., $1.37. Wonderful 10 minute treat for you to give yourself. I’ve used it twice so far & have at least a couple treatments left! Lie back & relax… rinses off for a smooth feel.
6)  L’Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner 8.3-oz., $5.67-$1.00 coupon = $4.67 – The new idea of not washing your hair everyday to keep it healthier overall is a tough concept for some. This is part conditioner with a little bit of cleanser built in (but doesn’t lather). It’s fabulous! I use it every other shampoo. I alternate with the Evercreme shampoo & conditioner counterparts which I’ve blogged on before. My hair smells, looks & feels like thick silk. Trust me, my hair has never felt this good.
Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer $7.72-$5.00 coupon = $2.72! I wasn’t going to include this one because of the price point but realize they accept the foundation/moisturizer coupon for this product. One end is a waxed tinted pencil & the other end an under brow illuminator. Goes on effortlessly & fills in the sparseness perfectly. The wax keeps it all in check. I can’t imagine a better product for the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment