Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Dollar Store - Food & Cleaning Supplies!

    Here is the last blog on ‘dollar store’ shopping. Especially this time of year, every ‘dollar’ you can save is a tremendous help. I just want to share the best items that I have found to be of value to my household on a regular basis. The Dollar Tree stores are the ones in my area. Everything is just $1.00. See link for locations or find a different chain in your area. There are thousands across the US.
    The next category is food items. There are aisles of products from bread/rolls/bagels, candy, snacks, crackers, pasta, soups, cereal, salad dressings, spices, beverages, etc. I especially love their Monet crackers this time of year – perfect for any dip, etc.! I’ve never had an issue with expiration dates but check anyway. There are plenty of ‘name’ brands if you prefer, but for a dollar try others. I don’t think you will be disappointed. The holiday bags for all your holiday baking/fudge making endeavors are wonderful!
   As for cleaning products, they have everything. My favorite is the ‘swiffer’ cloths. Not name brand but work beautifully. (Swiffer name brand is soooo expensive!) They have bleach, detergents, anything in a spray cleaning bottle! They have buckets, organizational supplies, kitchen gadgets & containers. There are festive cans & containers for holiday cookies, fudge & gifts. Take advantage of the great smelling candles/tea lights for the holidays too. Remember the gift bags, bows, ribbons, decorations & wrapping supplies!
    One last note on the ‘holiday’ decorations: Last year I attended a holiday luncheon at a local country club. They had multiple trees in different alcoves – very festive. One I admired a lot. On my way home I stopped at ‘Dollar Tree’ to pick up a few thinks. Guess what? EVERY ornament on that tree came from the Dollar Tree. It was gorgeous! Sometimes great things come in brown paper wrapping…

No comments:

Post a Comment