Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Holiday Prep ~ Three Things...

With the holidays upon us many of us will be entertaining or at the very least trying to hold it together. Three words: organize, prepare, enjoy.
    ORGANIZE ~ make lists (lots of them). Keep any and all coupons you come across in a folder in your car. You know those Bed, Bath & Beyond Coupons that NEVER really expire. Load up that folder. Update them week to week with coupons from Michael’s & AC Moore for the decorating discounts. Keep everyone’s wish list on your person & demand it by Thanksgiving. Keep all purchase receipts in one envelope & write on them. You will not remember… The better organized, the easier things come together. Assign tasks to family members & hold them to it. Check out the link below for free printable lists, etc.
    PREPARE~ again check out the cool link below for free printables from place cards, gift boxes, lists, all kinds of party printables. Fun site for the kids too! Having tasks like this done in advance is so helpful. I find that I decorate best when I’m in the mood, so take advantage even if it is the day after Thanksgiving. When you get tired, stop & move on to something else. Write a few cards at a time, shop in small doses, wrap for only a few hours. Breaking tasks up makes for a more enjoyable prep to the holidays. Which leads me to…
    ENJOY~ If you are not enjoying yourself, then why are you killing yourself? This holiday season is for you too! Maybe it has gotten to be too much over the years. If you’re not up to so much this year then cut back. Only bring out your most favorite decorations. I, myself, if having to choose would simply have my live tree. I am blessed this year with good health & a strong back so I will keep up my usual pace. I do, however, always find time to enjoy in my own ways during the prep. I overindulge in sappy Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. I love all Christmas music starting now! This year I am finally going to NYC to see the Radio City Music Hall’s Christmas Spectacular. I am seeing the Nutcracker on stage where one of my GWA’s 6 year old daughter is playing an angel. I absolutely can’t wait for all this to get rolling so I can most of all ENJOY!
http://www.noelladesigns.com/PrintableSupplies/FreeWishLists.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment