Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Follow up ~ Garage Sales


      So I know I felt I needed to be cloned this past weekend! The good news was that no one else could clone themselves so there were plenty of great items out there for everyone!
      Now, did I follow my own rules? Well, mostly yes! I did bundle items, I DID NOT pass up on great items because I would be kicking myself later. I did try to embrace simplicity, but the truth is… you don’t really know you need it unless it’s there staring you in the face ~ crying out take me home, repurpose me!! I did get lots of fresh air & exercise, although this past weekend I saw no plants. I forgot to mention jewelry in my last blog & I did take advantage of purchasing some, unique & beautiful pieces. (For $2 a piece!)
      So what were my favorite bargains…
~Well a Specialized crossover bike, practically brand new for $20. You may say that’s a splurge, but I plan on riding it to work some days & the list price for this bike is $500!! I’ll save on gas, get exercise, reduce my carbon footprint & all with something I wasn’t looking for. (It’s red & it spoke to me!)
~In keeping with the exercise theme, again I found something that I wasn’t seeking out. I got the real deal Bosu Balance Trainer for $8!! The teenage tester & myself have both used this in physical therapy before & it’s hard & fun at the same time. It will work my core & balance like nobody’s business! It takes up some room but it is so worth it. (see Photo)
~A gorgeous serving tray hand painted with luscious peaches, plums & grapes. It’s 19” in diameter & will not fit in any cabinet but I have a couple upcoming parties that I plan on making a fruit plate & fruit salsa. (Recipe in upcoming blog!) It has a covered center section & is large enough to hold all the cinnamon pita chips I’ll need for serving. And yes, $3.00! (see Photo)
~The miscellaneous items include: a large Yankee Candle tumbler in Balsam & Cedar, one of my favs - $1! The above mentioned jewelry – necklace & bracelet. A fab $1 wristlet in a gorgeous sequined designed for summer. A couple outdoor ‘chairs’ {small} to place planters on (see photo), a few hostess gifts (including a spatula my girlfriend always threatens to steal when she’s over – it is OLD & came with the house. Guess what? I found the exact one for $0.10!), a brand new $1 Elizabeth Arden green tea perfume that is a fav of mine, an idea saturated coffee table book called Garden Junk – so appropriate. The list goes on. This was a big weekend & it isn’t always so successful, however, some Saturdays you just get lucky! (I did play the lottery & no I don’t live in Florida so my luck stopped there!)
Get out there & try your luck this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment