Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Garage Sales in Full Swing!


    This is the time of year when your neighborhood garage/tag sales get in full swing. The Saturdays before the 4th of July seem to be the busiest. Great weather & lots of people are out & about making it the perfect time of year for these sales.
      Start by looking for signs that have been posted. I know there are three ‘neighborhood’ sales in my area this weekend just from seeing signage. Good job sellers! Also, check Craig’s List & your local newspaper for ads. There are so many for me tomorrow I wish I was cloned! That being said, note the times. If they all start at say 8am, just arrive a wee bit early. This works well for the neighborhood sales (which are becoming increasingly popular) because some home will always be ready to go early. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while getting your exercise. Do the sellers a favor & have bills smaller than $20’s. I am getting more selective these days because there are so many great items out there & I’m running out of space! So also think items friends you know might love or continue to buy for your garden. I mentioned last year that I have a ‘strictly garage sale items’ angel garden, bunny garden & farmyard garden. This year, in honor of my admission from a Tigger to a Pooh blog, I would like to start a Hundred Acre Wood Garden. The sky is the limit on what you may find.
      Whatever you choose remember to:
~ Bundle items or never hesitate to ask for a lower price. If you are buying a few items say totaling $5.00, you may ask for a ‘bundled’ price of $4.00 for the lot.
~ We are embracing simplicity this year, so buy it if you need it. That being said, DO NOT pass up a beautiful item at a great price (because you will end up kicking yourself later!)
~ Remember to look for sellers of plants. This is a great, inexpensive way to add to your perennial collection. (see photos at left)
~ Have fun, enjoy the exercise, fresh air, and great bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment