Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Spaving 101

    So I consider myself a spaver, a spender who saves. Face it ladies, we need to spend some money on all sorts of things. (food does not count for today’s blog) The type of spending I am referring to is the retail therapy, good for the soul type of shopping. It does not need to cost much in order to ‘feed’ the soul, get the ‘rush’. Some of this spavers best deals are found at garage sales. These start early spring in full force & run through fall here on the EC. The hunt, the prospect & never quite knowing what you will find that (early) morning is what provides the rush. (More on garage sales in a later blog)
    The retail therapy that I may enjoy most this time of year, is for a few new wardrobe items. I’ve mentioned before my fondness for Ross, Marshalls, & TJ Maxx. Kohl’s is another department type store where you can take advantage of amazing coupon deals (if you have a charge). I guarantee if you take the time for yourself & shop these stores you can outfit yourself for a fraction of the cost.
   The beauty finds can be found at drug stores (CVS has the best deals I’ve seen) & at Ulta. I bring this up because Ulta has many of the products I’ve mentioned in previous blogs on sale until March 31st. Boot’s No7 skincare is 15% off. The Olay ProX Starter Kit is also 15% off. Some of the haircare lines, John Frieda & Organix are buy one, get one 50% off. All of the above can be used with the $3.50 off coupon in Ulta’s circular & with any manufacturer’s coupon too.
   Happy Spaving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment