Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Chicken Noodle Soup - Easy Slow Cooker Recipe


     Some recipes are worth repeating, and this soup recipe is no exception. I actually crave it this time of year. I made it today & it took 10 minutes of chopping prep time! So here is the repost:
    The days are getting colder, unfortunately, but none the less we will prevail! The recipe that follows I guarantee to be THE BEST, THE EASIEST, THE MOST DELICIOUS Chicken Noodle Soup you have ever made or tried. I know some may never have made soup before thinking it too complicated. This slow cooker recipe will change your mind. I’m sure range top cooking would be fine too. The beauty of this is (esp.) on a working day to just to load it up & forget until dinner.

   The recipe is as follows:
6-8 cups of water (depending on size of your slow cooker)
4 medium carrots cut into ¼ inch slices
3 medium stalks of celery cut into ¼ inch slices
1 small onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 whole chicken rinsed (3-5 lbs.)
½ t. dried thyme
¼ t. ground (I like white) pepper
1-4 t. salt (I use sea salt & about 1-2 teaspoons. You can always add individually to taste later)
I usually chop the ingredients the night before so they are ready to go. Combine veggies, water & seasonings. Place chicken on top. Cover & go!
Cook 4-5 hours on high, 8-9 on low.  I take out the chicken & cut the white meat into smaller pieces & return to the pot. (There are usually plenty of leftovers for Chix salad or sandwiches. I take out most of the celery & some onions. These veggies absorb the fat & you don’t need them all anyway. Which reminds me, leave the skin on your chicken! This is where you are getting the flavor & the meal is HEALTHY really!
Serve with your cooked noodle of choice. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment