Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Backyard Bird Count - Recap

The Great Backyard Bird Count ended on Monday & I was excited to enter my own results. I was able to watch two out of the four days & had great success. On Saturday, a few birds that I hadn’t seen recently (or didn’t take the time to notice) came out to join the fun. They were the mockingbird, mourning dove & robin, as if to say count me too! I had my share of Northern cardinals, blue jays, titmice, chickadees, crows, Carolina wrens, white-breasted nuthatches, sparrows & starlings during the short one hour stretch. It really was fun and so far over 12.6 million birds & 605 species have been reported. You can visit the website to see what was reported in your area. A total of 42 different species were reported in my town alone! See the link below for all the info.

http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc

P.S. The peanut butter & sunflower covered pinecone in my feeder has been “licked” clean. I didn’t see the diner but I’m ready to cover it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment