Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Frownies

     After the handful of beauty posts I shared with you all, I hope that I have gained some trust. This next tip will require your trust in me because I believe you will think I’m nuts!!
     It used to be bangs or botox to hide or eliminate frown lines on the forehead. I am here to tell you that there is something else. So simple in principle that you may find it unbelievable. I have been using a product called Frownies since 2001. Good Houskeeping magazine published an interview in September 2001 with the gorgeous Renee Russo. She talks about a product she slept with on her face every night to eliminate wrinkles. The interviewer wrote the name down as frown ease & the magazine was hounded with inquiries. Turns out the product, called Frownies, has been around since 1889, yes 1889. Simple premise: keep the facial muscles from plumping up from movement & the wrinkles will smooth. (Same premise as botox but without the pain, cost & ick factor.) Well, being a curious beauty product aficionado even back then, I found a local store & the love affair began. The Frownies consist of kraft paper pieces with an adhesive backing. Moisten the glue & press in place on the forehead. (they make cutouts for other areas of the face too.) Simple idea, really. And they really work!
     I was showing those wrinkles way back then & I have managed to improve the look of my wrinkles ever since. Yes, we still need the right moisturizers, but this is a small addition to the bedtime routine, with BIG results. It may take your family members a little getting used to. (really – seeing you with paper on your face could be a stretch for them) I have a feeling any daughters in your life will get it, though! They are inexpensive, I purchase mine at Whole Foods for $16.99. I also reuse them. Just peel off without moistening & reuse again. I can usually get three uses out of them.
    Below is the link to the products & website. There are testimonials, including Rachel Welch. I mean her skin is beautiful & she has never ‘looked’ like she had work done. There really is something to this, girls!
P.S. Check out my Oscar blog Sunday evening & Monday! I’m trying a best-dressed & worst-dressed poll. Log on to vote after the red carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment