Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Les Chaussures - Shoes!

    Seeing is that today is Super Bowl Sunday, I thought I would write about something on the complete other end of the testosterone spectrum – shoes!
      No woman’s blog would be complete without a nod to that part of the wardrobe that makes us feel complete. Well really, they complete an outfit, but have the ability to make us feel any given way at any given time. I started my love affair with the shoe at a very early age. (Fortunately or unfortunately my teenage daughter inherited the ‘shoe’ gene – actually that’s fortunate since we are the same size!) My Aunt always told the story of a very little me, with a brand new pair a magenta patent leather shoes. (I remember them!) She said I stood on the front steps of my house & would point my leg & display their gorgeousness to any passerby. Wow, now that’s a shoe gene! So what makes shoes & now fantastic boots, a completer piece for our outfits & lives? I have to believe it’s as simple as the shoe always fits. So our weight goes up or down 10 pounds, or more, the shoe remains the same. Once we are past childbearing years, our shoe size tends to remain constant. Constants in our lives are a great stress reliever. Having this love in our lives can makes us look 3-4 inches taller on any given day, Make us feel warm & cozy (Slipper Day!) on any given day. They can transform the mind, body (posture) & soul on any given day. Wow! Love that.
    On my recent GWA, my friends & I hit the outlet stores for a day (& most of the night). Between five of us, we can away with 11 pairs of shoes & boots. Mind you, this clearance time of year & some extra outlet coupons really helped with the prices. (Also, this did not break our record from a previous year of 17 pairs! – those did, however, include a few pairs of kid’s sneakers!) Of all our purchases that day, we loved our shoe choices the best. My Mom’s last words before heading off on our weekends is always two things: be careful & don’t buy any shoes! This is our running joke now. She was delighted to hear I was only responsible for one pair – but they are fabulous, matched a sweater dress/coat I purchased perfectly. Hey, we are good for the economy & have loads of laughs in the process! (hey, not every shoe fits)
    This spavers favorite shoe stores non-outlet are Ross & Marshall’s. The secret is out for Ross; they have obscenely low prices. You need to check in often & see what they have. I mean sandals won’t be far behind….

No comments:

Post a Comment