Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Concealers - Review

      I, personally, have been plagued with dark circles under my eyes for my entire life. I know heredity can play big part in this. I choose to break the chain with product! The three products that I have tested over the past year have a few things in common. First, the price point is wonderful on all. (no department store brands for this spaver). Second, the coverage is great on all with no creasing by the end of the day. All three are easy to apply with the in-design applicator, but all need a little help with a gentle finger in the end. All three will go on sale at some point & will have a coupon, so check your ads.
Here they are:
Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller – reg. price $11.99
Great, quick coverage on this, but a little drying by days end. The humid, summer months have compensated for this, however. Really need to use your blending finger (ring) on this one. Overall rating winter C+, summer B.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser – Dark Circles – reg. price $7.99
This is a fairly new kid on the block. Comfortable applicator. Again, this one to looks dry, not reflecting the light enough under the eye. Makes a great lid primer, though. I think will work well during the hot summer. Overall rating: B-, A as a lid primer.
L’Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer – reg. price $11.99
This is the newest of the three & I feel the best. It boasts a SPF20, and has a very good applicator that gets right under the lower lash line. You still use the finger to blend but it does so easily. (I use the foundation too & love that as well) The overall look is moist, but doesn’t crease. It also claims to reduce eye puffiness & minimize lines. It reflects light & brightens. Overall rating A-. (the minus because I wish they had a few more shades & it always seems to be sold out (a very good sign).

No comments:

Post a Comment