Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Beautiful Skin 2

     Wednesday’s blog was full of recommendations for great skincare products. I would be remiss if I didn’t help you get the most bang out of your products. Exfoliation is the name of the game & we ALL need to be playing on a daily basis. Skin products will be more effective on glowing skin & it’s easy. The Boot’s No. 7 Gentle Glycolic Peel from yesterday’s post is a great start. Once every week or two is sufficient. The main player in this equation is a Clarisonic type cleansing brush. These are rotating gentle bristle brushes that you lightly smooth over your face with cleanser & occasional exfoliator. The price ($100-200) of the Clarisonic is out of this spaver’s budget so I bought the highly recommended & affordable Olay Pro X system. I was able to get it on sale & with coupon at CVS Pharmacy for $20.00. It retails for $30. You can use in the shower or not. It’s very durable (if you drop it in the shower – 3 times already) & runs on AA batteries. It comes with a wonderful gentle scrub. I also use it with again, a couple Boot’s No. 7 products. (If so many made the GH list can the others be far behind?) The first is their Age Defence Anti-age Cleansing Balm. This cleaner is perfect for this time of year when we need, repeat after me, Moisture, Moisture, Moisture! The other is No.7 Radiance Revealed Exfoliator which is a very creamy scrub. Both are around $8.00-9.00, even less on sale & with the Ulta coupon. (Yes, this is one line you can actually USE that coupon!) Having removed those dead 2011 skin cells will enable those great moisturizers to really work their magic. I usually at night start with the Boot’s Intensive Serum & right away you can add the L’Oreal Night Cream on top. Add the eye cream & you are set & feel that skin!!! Gorgeous!!! The term baby’s butt comes to mind. When price is a problem for the Olay Prox I think the next best thing is a gentle washcloth. You can buy a pack of 3 baby washcloths at your favorite ‘dollar’ store. They are the perfect texture. Dr. Oz mentioned on his show that our skin cleans best with very warm/hot water. I recommend this time of year to always cleanse well at night to remove the makeup & dirt of the day, but the next morning just use the cleaning balm mentioned above or a cleanser that won’t strip. Your skin is not dirty in the morning but craving repeat after me: Moisture, Moisture, Moisture! Enjoy the softness & glow!
PS: So many new beauty products hit the shelves each year. It’s hard to keep up, really. I will from time to time test something myself & report back to you. The first product this year is Philosophy’s (Ulta, Sephora) Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Oil. Yes, I said OIL. Mark my words, that every different price point line will have an oil like this as part of their line soon. I will report back on my results in a future blog.
PS: Shout out to my talented daughter for the beautiful new header!

No comments:

Post a Comment