Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Embrace Silk!

      I want to share a tip that benefits us mature girls in MANY ways. The beauty of the silk pillowcase… I know, sounds silly but, alas, this one article of nighttime bedding can make a marked difference in your life!
      You may have heard of using a silk pillowcase to preserve a hairdo. Well, that is a generational thing. Not too many of us get our hair done once a week anymore & need the slipperiness of the silk to keep it from getting mussed. That being said, preserving an expensive blowout or Velcro roller do for a night may be in order on occasion. No, the true benefits (one of which was discovered by yours truly, feel free to spread the word!) are as follows. First, studies have shown that cotton pillowcases, especially the higher thread count ones will actually absorb the moisture from your skin. (And we certainly don’t want those fabulous night creams getting sucked out!) So, I figured I would try this, why not? I bought a 2-pack of cases from Ross (One of this spavers favorite stores) for $2.99, I know really!!! Well, to my surprise, the best benefit came as a complete surprise. I love a cold pillow & with menopause & night sweats, a cold pillow is an oasis for me. Turns out that satin feels MANY degrees colder than cotton! Your room needs to be at a cool sleeping temp of course, but this was a wonderful discovery for me! I flip my pillow multiple times during the night (all this nighttime movement does burn calories too!) and I now have a cool, wonderful place to rest my head. I love it! I know you will too.
   So now we can all wake up with beautiful hair, soft skin & a refreshed attitude!
STEPHANIE COUNTDOWN: 18 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment