Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Legs Up A Wall Yoga Pose

     I have been an avid fan of yoga for twenty plus years now. Knowing that it is a practice that I can take into my later, later years has essentially made it a golden friend in my life. With its popularity over the past decade, I’m sure we have all tried a posture or two. So many have carried into other exercise circles, even into Physical Therapy workouts. The pose I want to hail today can be called the legs-up-a-wall pose. Face it, ladies, gravity is taking its toll & any little bit that we can do to help is a plus. All you need is a wall or tall piece of furniture. Lay on your back & scootch your butt as close to the wall as possible with the legs stretching upward. Point & flex those feet. The hard part now begins: you need to relax & breath for 5 to 10 minutes! We are all busy, and taking the time to deeply breath for 5 minutes a day is shown to have tremendous health benefits. (Reducing stress needs to be a priority!) So, close your eyes & place your hands on your belly. Breath in and out through your nose. Feel your belly inflate & exhale pushing all the stale air out of your lungs. Find a nice rythym & relax! Your legs will thank you! Our circulation away from the heart isn’t what it used to be & we need to find ways to help the heart, mind & soul! This is easy, but not so easy to keep life at bay for a few minutes a day! Enjoy!

PS. The countdown is over!! Read my Stephanie Plum movie review in my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment