Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Beautiful Skin

     It seems the beginning of the year is a perfect time to start a new regime of any kind. I want to share some of the best skin care products that I have used in the past 2 years. I can’t claim discovering them on my own; I have to give a shout out to the magazine that took the time (18 MONTHS!!!) for 35+ age testers to REALLY use the products & fully review them. The skincare anti-aging award list appeared in the Oct. 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping magazine. Jamie Lee Curtis was on the cover (we all love her – so pretty & funny & honest about getting older) So, I figured if I need a new moisturizer, why not choose from this list and there was always a less expensive option too! Well I have tried many & am still using them all!!
    My first favorite showed up on the list but I had been using it prior. Oprah had it as a favorite thing in her mag. It is Boot’s No. 7 Protect & Perfect Protection Intense Beauty Serum. (Last time I heard one was selling every 5 seconds!) Boy, that Oprah has some clout!! Well, it made the list because it’s wonderful & at a great $21 approx price point. These Boot’s products can be found at Ulta & Target. (Ulta has sales often & you can USE the coupon.) The other two products listed from Boot’s that I’ve tried are the Glycolic Peel & Intensive Line Filler. Both wonderful too. I’m on number 2 or 3 of each. Their hand cream is on the list & I can’t wait to try that. Finally, from the Boot’s line that made the list is the Intensive Line Filler. I find this work best as a last moisturizer on top of you foundation (works really well on top of mineral makeup). It is nice to use later in the day when you are in desperate need of some moisture. This time of year is killer on the skin. And if you needed any more reliable recommendations, Boot’s is the new Princess Kate Middleton’s face care line of choice. Boot’s hails from London. They have whole stores there!!! Lucky Princess!
      The L’Oreal Revitalift deep-set wrinkle repair Night Cream on the list (Andie McDowell advertises this one – we love her too!) is amazing. It really works well on the wrinkles & again is at an awesome price point. (it goes on sale often - $15ish) The 3-in-1 eye cream from Patricia Wexler M.D. is excellent too (Bath & Body Works). I have been using for one year & still have some left! Check out the complete list from the link below & remember to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment