Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Embrace Pink

     (I must mention my makeup credentials before I begin. I spent years selling an independent line of cosmetics. I did many a show which included basing my makeovers on the seasons which are reflected in skin tone & eye color. This later morphed into wedding & special occasion makeup sessions. Now, it’s just for fun on GWA’s and the like!)
    There’s nothing like a new lipstick to cheer us girls. It has worked for me for years. Now, as I get older, I have to be more careful of the colors I choose. I remember a magazine article embracing pink for girls in our 40’s, 50’s and beyond. They showed photos of a beautiful Sharon Stone who looked beautiful in her later years with the right makeup colors (pinks) & horrid with the wrong shades. Face it, literally, some skin tone changes have occurred & we are often slow to make the adjustment. How I could not stand to see Laura Bush at every Presidential event sporting that dark red lipstick she used to wear. It only accentuated her very thin lips. Didn’t her girlfriends let her know?
    Well, I am here to let you know it’s time to embrace pink! Pink has come a long way over years of product development, (there is such a range!) and it’s not the bubble gum color you may remember. It is flattering for all skin tones & a much safer bet than reds, mauves, browns. Don’t be swayed by trends & don’t go too light a shade. I am recommending 4 color suggestions for starters. Hats off to Cover Girl for making LipPerfection silky, smooth, moisturizing lipsticks! The price point is perfect (Walmart - $5 and change & there is always a $1 off coupon somewhere = $4 & change). The 3 pinky shades I recommend are wonderful because they all STAIN the lips too! 385 – feline / 315 – precious  / 295 – rich. For those who aren’t into lipsticks, you can just apply, blot off in a few minutes & apply your favorite lip balm (or gloss) Great lip gloss L’Oreal Colour Riche 153 Raspberry Splash (takes like butterscotch - yum!). Face it, we need color on our lips at this age, girls. Our natural pigment is fading & we need the moisture. You must try it, you’ll like it!
STEPHANIE COUNTDOWN: 3 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment