Marypause50 ~10 years later still a blog about gardens, simplicity, friendships, gratitude, health,

Simple Abundance

    As we begin this New Year, It reminded me of a book we may have all read back in the day. It was a heartfelt blog before blogging was a term. The book “Simple Abundance, A Daybook of Comfort and Joy” by Sarah Ban Breathnach (SBB). The book rose to popularity when our beloved Oprah featured the book and author on her show 11 times. The ‘simple’ premise is 365 entries, one for each day of the year, beginning January 1st. As I quote from the author, “May Simple Abundance, through its gentle lessons of comfort and joy, help you find the authentic life you were born to live.” “Each month ruminates on finding your authenticity in your daily round: the domestic arts, work, beauty, fashion, and personal pursuits that bring contentment.” (for me those pursuits also include gardening, yoga, birding & blogging, all of which I can’t wait to share with you)
       Written in 1995, the words are a comfort to those of us that have read the book a number of times. The format is so wonderful that you need only a few minutes a day. It will resonate with all of you, I’m sure. Sometimes, we all just need a gentle nudge to count our blessings, take a deep yoga breath (or two) and begin our day in the most authentic way possible. I love this book & I know you will (again) too. Sarah now has a website to visit:
    So for those of you that may get some free books with a Christmas Kindle you received this year, I suggest this one to be at the top of your list. As I quote her feelings on January: “This is the month to dream, to look forward to the year ahead and the journey within.”
 And for tonight....
PS. Turns out the TV show “Pretty Little Liars” is the number one teen show that our gen watches. I love it & the new season premieres Mon. the 2nd on ABC Family at 8:00. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment